Sunday, January 4, 2015

New Year, New ME

I started out my new year by cleaning. I cleaned an organized my room. Threw out all the piles of junk and made room for the things that matter. I've spent so much time cleaning my house and removing garbage the past few days. It's nice to look around and see empty space and simplicity. It's nice to have my house back.


This year I'm not making a new year's resolution. At least not a public one. New years resolutions are usually unmet. I can honestly say that I went strong last year for the first month... and then that drive just faded. I will be working on myself. Making my life better. Making time for the things that matter. Like health, family, etc. Cleaning out my house was just the start.

We had a great time downtown for New Years.
All to often we make space in our lives for things that don't matter. We make space for things like junk food, TV, Couch Potato Syndrome, nagging, certain types of people. All these negative things and I'm just tired of it all. I don't want it in my life anymore.

My husband and I started eating healthy again. Like super healthy everything from scratch healthy. No more canned goods or frozen. (With the exception of tuna.... I can't live without tuna and I'm not about to try and find that fresh). No more gluten... no more processed meats. Less than a week in and I want a hamburger so bad. But every time I think I'm hungry or I feel like I'm getting a craving for something bad, I drink water. It's been easy so far.

I've also started going to the gym again and SURPRISE!!! I'm going by myself. I want to be healthy and I know that no one person can do that for me other than myself. I can't sit around and rely on other people to do these things for me. I can't expect people to bring the positive energy to me. I have to go find it and make it myself.

Part of all of that is to take the negative people out of my life. My bio dad sent me an email asking to finally "bury the hatchet." For the first time ever... I ignored it. My father isn't a father to me, and he hasn't been for some time. He's turned into a stranger. I'm not so much angry... it's just that I can't handle the poison that he brings into my life. And it's not just him. I've also lost friends this last year. I've ignored phone calls, text messages, emails etc. From people that I just can't handle anymore.

I can't have the anger and negativity in my life. I can't have my life full of such bad things. For my sake, and for my family's I have had to part ways with people and things. I'm trying to be more positive and look at everything in better lighting. Trying to find the silver lining to every bad situation. I love my life, and I love my family. Come hell or high water I will make the best of this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment