Monday, December 15, 2014

Tiss the Season

Christmas is very close at hand. All the stores have displays and sales. I'm getting adds in the mail and Christmas cards. For Catholics this means that we are in the season of advent. I'm seeing Facebook posts of advent wreathes and candles. St. Nicolas photos. etc. It took me forever to get into the "Christmas Spirit" much like it does every year.

I'm not a very materialistic person. At least I would like to think so. I am perfectly content with handmade things and not receiving gifts. I find that the things i want or need I'm to picky about. I think that handmade things or spending time with loved ones are a much more realistic rout and bring about the true spirit of Christmas.

Christmas isn't about Santa, and packages. It's about loved ones. It's about time with family. Closeness. It's about preparing. I think Dr Seuss and Charles M Schulz got it correct when they wrote How The Grinch Stole Christmas and A Charlie Brown Christmas.

I wasn't excited about Christmas until family photos came peeking around the corner. I wasn't excited until I had little outfits to get ready. The thought of my family being together and looking like a family is what got it all started. I love my kids and I love my family. Christmas wouldn't be the same without time with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment